The book of Acts is the story of the birth of the church but it’s really much more than that.
Acts was written by Luke and is a continuation of the story Luke is telling about Jesus. We see what God is doing through Jesus in Luke and then we see what God is doing through the church in Acts. The unifying force in both books is the Holy Spirit’s presence and power.
Join us on Sunday mornings during the fall as we journey through the first 7 chapters of Acts. We are beginning an extended sermon series through Acts, starting with the first movement (chs. 1-7).
Below are several ideas of ways to “go deeper” in this sermon series. These are simply suggestions – feel free to adapt, tweak, or try out other creative ideas as you process the preaching and teaching from Public Worship!
- Watch the Bible Project’s video on Acts 1-7.
- Read and meditate on the scripture passages from Acts listed below (these are the passages we’ll be preaching through at Public Worship this fall). Use lectio divina as a way to read and encounter God in these passages. Download a lectio divina guide.
- 10/7 Acts 1:1-11
- 10/14 Acts 2:1-41
- 10/21 Acts 2:42-47
- 10/28 Acts 3:1-4:21
- 11/11 Acts 4:32-5:11
- 11/18 Acts 5:12-42
- 11/25 Acts 6-7
Study through Acts in your Missional Church.
Download the Streetlights Bible app and listen through Acts!
Read through Acts during the fall. Journal through these questions each week:
- What does this text tell me about who Jesus is?
- What does this text tell me about the nature of the church?
- How can I apply this text today?
Purchase a copy of N.T. Wright’s commentary on Acts and use as a study guide.
- Download this free Acts Study Guide from the Tampa Underground.