Posts from the ‘Uncategorized’ Category
We believe that God is restoring all things to himself, and that includes all aspects of creation. As God’s people, we have been called to steward creation well. Join Rhythm for a movie night to watch “Before the Flood,” on Friday, April 21st at 7:30 PM in Coconut Grove. We will continue to ask God how He wants us to be part of His plan to restore the earth. Please email Juan for location address.
Advent is a four-week season where the Church eagerly waits and prepares for the birth of Christ. It’s a season of prayer, reflection, and participation as we await the Prince of Peace.
Begining Sunday, November 27th there will be several resources available at the Info Table at worship to engage your head, heart, and hands during Advent. Come by and grab them!
HEAD: Read “The Meaning is in the Waiting: The Spirit of Advent” ($12)
HEART: Pray with”Sacred Space for Advent” Devotional (free)
HANDS: Purchase a toy or give a donation to The Touching Miami with Love Christmas Store
There’s a lot of talk about hope these days. We hope that we pass the test. We hope that our children behave. We hope for financial security. We are encouraged to hope for a better future. But what does it actually mean to hope? And what does the Bible say about where we should find hope? In this three-part sermon series, we will study different Scriptures that speak of the hope that followers of Jesus have in Christ.
Ways to Participate in the Series
1. Read and meditate on the scripture passage in preparation for each message. Use lectio divina as a way to read the passages. Download a lectio divina guide.
- September 11 – Romans 15:1-13
- September 18 – Psalm 33:16-22
- September 25 – Jeremiah 29:1-14
2. Do a Scripture study on “hope”, tracing the theme of hope through the Old and New Testaments (we recommend using biblegateway.com to search for biblical passages on hope).
3. Write out a prayer for Rhythm, write a poem, draw a picture or bring a photo that illustrates biblical hope (hope grounded in God) during the next 3 weeks to create a canvas of hope.
4. Bring one item/package each week for our friends living on 14th Street.
- September 18 – A new package of mens underwear
- September 25 – A sheet or light blanket
- October 2 – A pair of new or gently used comfortable/durable shoes (mens’ sizes especially) or pair of jeans
Our vision is to partner with God, parents, and the Rhythm Church community in the spiritual formation of our children and families. Each week we strive for children to be encouraged in their walk with God. We take very seriously our responsibility to care for these kids and do everything in our power to keep them safe, supported, and pointed to Jesus.
Rhythm is a church for everyone, for children as much as for adults. We love children, and want to come alongside parents to help them love God and live in the way of Jesus.
Personal Relationship with God
We focus on helping children to have a personal relationship with God, where they learn to listen to God’s voice, learn from the Bible, and understand the character of God.
Working as a Team
We seek to work as a team with parents, volunteers, and the Rhythm Church community in each child’s spiritual formation. Consistency in prayer, communication, and staying connected helps us to work together for the benefit of our children.
Making Space for Jesus
We believe that Jesus is actively at work in each child’s life. We make space in Kids Worship for prayer and listening, and we approach teaching with humility, understanding that Jesus is the true teacher.
Safety at All Times
The safety and wellbeing of our children on Sunday’s is our top priority! Each of our volunteers has gone through a background check and receives ongoing training from the Rhythm Kids Director.
We believe that a child’s experience of the Christian life and church should be fun! Each age group participates in age-appropriate games and crafts. So get ready to have a blast!
To learn more about Rhythm Kids and what happens on Sundays, click here.
Rhythm’s pastors and Guidance Team are extremely excited about the 2016 fall preaching schedule and team! Check out the Fall Preaching Plan to learn more about the sermon series that we’ll be engaging in over the next few months and meet the preaching team.